I’m just going to assume that this message is about this post. If not, feel free to correct me.
"Hook is not a piece of shit…"
Sorry, I needed a moment to laugh. Let’s continue.
"He regrets his past actions and tries to better himself…"
- Has he shown any remorse for making Bae grow up thinking his mother was dead? No, didn’t think so.
- Has he show any remorse for helping a woman abandon her son, after he himself claims to have been abandoned? Didn’t think so.
- Has he shown any remorse for selling out Bae to Pan? Didn’t think so. In fact, he continues to act like he and Bae had a good relationship. What a prick.
- Has he shown any remorse for helping Cora? None whatsoever.
- Has he shown any remorse for leaving Regina to be tortured? None. And it doesn’t matter what Regina has done because she had done nothing to him directly and therefore he had no reason or right to leave her there. Does he have any morals? Like at all? Jesus.
- Has he shown any remorse for standing aside and letting Cora rip the hearts out of the villagers he had lived among for months? No, instead he hid under their corpses. Those people trusted him; he was the town blacksmith. But he stood aside and did nothing to stop Cora.
- Has he shown any remorse for leaving Emma, Snow, Mulan, and Aurora in Rumplestiltskin’s cell to die? No, it’s like the fandom and the characters have brushed that under the rug.
- Has he shown any remorse for trying to send Henry to New York without his mothers’ permission, even though he knew New York was dangerous and that Zelena could get there? No. He tried to act like he was being a hero. By sending a child off alone into a dangerous area. Yes, much hero, very regret, wow.
- Has he shown any remorse for harming Archie? Didn’t think so.
- Has he shown any remorse for any of the three times he tried to kill Belle? No, his apology was a joke.
The only person he has shown remorse toward is Ariel. That’s the only thing he has owned up to.
“CS is healthy because Hook always praises Emma…” So you consider it healthy for him to praise her with lies?
“Emma, you defeated Pan.” That’s a lie. Rumple killed Pan.
“Emma, you defeated Zelena.” That’s a lie. Regina defeated Zelena.
“I was there when Cora tried to rip out your heart.” Were you, Hook? Were you really?
You were unconscious, you lying piece of shit.
He “refuses to abandon her”?
Then tell me what happened here, when Hook ABANDONS Emma in the Dark One’s cell. After she begs him not to.
I couldn’t find a gif of him calling her “dried up and useless” so here’s a picture of him ABANDONING her.
He “will do anything for her, and his redemption arc is not based around just wanting Emma…”
Oh, so you mean when he helped Charming and his redemption arc “started.” Oh wait. He did that to get Emma. And he doesn’t even deny it.
So, is it still on me, Anon? Or is it on the writers? Is on it me that none of this has been addressed? Or is it on the writers for being lazy and whitewashing Hook rather than redeeming him? Unless you have more of a compelling argument, please stay away from my inbox.
charmedrumbelle, it seems that someone has tried to explain why Hook is not a piece of shit. But it wasn’t compelling, so they don’t get the money…
“The only person he has shown remorse toward is Ariel. That’s the only thing he has owned up to.”
And even then, still chose to lie to Emma about it.
"He “will do anything for her, and his redemption arc is not based around just wanting Emma…”
Oh, so you mean when he helped Charming and his redemption arc “started.” Oh wait. He did that to get Emma. And he doesn’t even deny it.”
And let’s also not forget that as soon as he and everyone else was back in FTL and he thought he’d never see Emma again, never get to be with her, he completely ditched everyone Emma love, refuse to help them, and went right back to being a pirate.
But no, yeah, it’s not all about Emma at all.
See and I WANT TO like Hook so bad. Because I love Colin and I think he can be a fun character. But then they’re really half-assing his redemption arc and that irritates me. Because I WANT him to have a proper redemption arc so I can be totally on board with liking him and Captain Swan (not shipping it, because that just won’t happen, but I want to LIKE it at least like I like Snowing).
I want to like Hook too, but too many of his fans irritate me. (I know it’s not all of them) Same as this anon. They just make up shit to make excuses for him. And I don’t know why. You don’t see the dearies make up excuses for Rumple. We’re willing to admit that he fucked up….. a lot. It’s like they think by criticizing Hook it makes them love him less. Not true at all. The villains seem to fuck up the most, and this show stays true to that. So when they do fuck up, let’s all just admit it was incredibly stupid of them and just move on.
Wow…………to the anon who sees things through Hook colored glasses and to all the responses. I can’t add a single word except this:
***OH and apparently Emma is ok with all of this, which does Hook no favors. She should have been angry with him for his pathetic apology to Belle, but instead she makes a crack and leaves it at that